The United States Global Change Research Program is leading the development of the Fifth National Climate Assessment (NCA5). The NCA5 provides an up-to-date evaluation and summary of the current and projected impacts of climate change on the United States, with a detailed discussion of regional effects. A draft of the NCA5 will be made available for review in late fall 2022. Further, a new ad hoc committee of the National Academies will conduct an independent technical review of the NCA5 draft report. This National Academies review will be concurrent with the public review period.
The National Academies seeks individuals to serve on the committee with expertise in key areas addressed in the NCA5 including:
- Systems / sectors: Water; Energy; Forests; Ocean and Marine Resources; Coastal Effects
- Ecosystems, Ecosystem Services, and Biodiversity; Land Cover and Land Use Change
- Agriculture and Rural Communities
- Built Environment, Urban Systems, and Cities; Transportation
- Human Health; Air Quality
- Human Social Systems; Economics; Equity and Environmental Justice
- Tribal and Indigenous Communities
- Climate Effects on US International Interests
- Sectoral Interdependencies and Compounding Stressors
- Climate Mitigation, Adaptation, and Resilience
- Climate Science Communications; Data Visualization
About the National Academies
The National Academies are committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion in order to strengthen the quality of our work. Diverse perspectives contribute to finding innovative approaches and solutions to challenging issues. We encourage the nomination of volunteers who reflect the populations we serve and also welcome in particular nominations of candidates from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, women, and early- and mid-career professionals.
ClimaTwin™ empowers infrastructure stakeholders to mitigate climate risks and assess adaptation actions across the total asset lifecycle.
© 2022 ClimaTwin Corp. ClimaTwin™, ClimaTwin Basic™, ClimaTwin Enterprise™, and the ClimaTwin logo are trademarks of ClimaTwin Corp. All rights reserved.